Centrally located on the Mainland North Common in Clayton Park, you'll find the Bella Rose Arts Centre inside Halifax West High School at 283 Thomas Raddall Drive, in the same general area as the north entrance to the Bayers Lake Park Business Park. We are located inside the main entrance of the school.
If you are traveling via Highway 102/Bicentennial Drive/Veterans Memorial Highway take exit 2A and head east on Lacewood Drive. Look for Regency Park Drive on your right. Travel up Regency Park Drive to the top of the hill. At the top of the hill turn left onto Thomas Raddall Drive. You will see Halifax West High School right in front of you.
If you are traveling via the Bedford Highway, turn onto Bayview Road, turn right onto Lacewood Drive (westbound), and then turn left onto Thomas Raddall Drive. Keep driving up Thomas Raddall Drive and Halifax West High School will be on your right. When traveling on Lacewood Drive, watch for the Canada Games Centre and the Keshen Goodman Public Library, these distinct mostly glass buildings are at the corners of Lacewood and Thomas Raddall Drives.
The Halifax Transit bus stops closest to the Bella Rose Arts Centre are on Thomas Raddall Drive near the intersection of Thomas Raddall and Regency Park Drives. These stops are served by route 16 which departs from Bridge and Lacewood Terminals.
The new Lacewood Terminal is a quick 10 minute (700 m) walk from the Bella Rose Arts Centre. This terminal is serviced by routes 2, 4, 16, 17, 18, 21, 31, 33, 34, 35, 42, 52, and 89. To get to the Bella Rose Arts Centre from Lacewood Terminal follow these simple directions:
- Turn left onto Lacewood Drive (Westbound towards Highway 102).
- Cross Thomas Raddall Drive so that you are on the side of the street where the library is and turn left onto Thomas Raddall Drive.
- Take a slight right at the library’s second driveway to onto the paved pedestrian path that adjoins to this driveway. This pedestrian path has two silver signposts on either side of its entrance.
- Take a left at the fork in the path.
- Follow this pedestrian path until you reach the main entrance of Halifax West High School, this entrance has a large Bella Rose Arts Centre on the side of the building above it.
For your convenience the Bella Rose Arts Centre has compiled and posted to this website a list of local hotels, bed and breakfasts and motels.